It Is Better To Promise Nothing Than Try And Give Everything.
Than To Promise Everything And Give Nothing..
Because Expectations Hurt, And Reality Slaps...
I hadn't told Sarah about whatever happened at his place and our travel..
And my supposedly way of proposing.. For me which didn't even seem true..
She had picked up after 3 rings.. It was a long time..
I had found out the delay's reason.. It was Richard who picked up my call.. And obviously he was going to hear whatever I speak now..
I told her whatever happened.. From my apology, to his thoughts, to Ned's mom's reactions, the scene back at home and the travel cum my words to him...
Sarah took a breath.. "So you told him and he said he didn't feel soo..??"
I thought for a second.. I had made it quite elaborately clear..
"Yes.."
I could hear her saying Richard that she wanted to talk to me alone..
"Well, What else happened during travel..? Tell me..."
I started blinking.. "What? What do you mean??"
Sarah spoke in a very plain voice.. "You know what I'm asking girl.. Out with it.. Now.."
I started looking very sheepish.. "A hug.. That's all..."
"And you aren't going to cross any more limits until you get committed you get that..?" Sarah was glowering in anger..
I was nervously running my fingers through my hair.. "Not planning on anything.. But why are you so angry...?"
Sarah was gritting her teeth.. "why didn't he accept..?"
She was surmounting in anger, and I failed to understand the reason why..
"Accept what??" I said munching chips..
'Potato is good, but something with chilly would've been better', I was thinking..
" I knew you wouldn't see it Ann..."
I was losing my patience.. "See what girl??"
Sarah burst out.." Don't you see... the fact that your heart is now broken..? There's every possiblity that he ain't coming back Ann... Did you see it.. I feel like throttling his neck.. He should've accepted.. I mean how can he say he doesn't know.. He ought to know..."
I sat up.. "And what did you expect to happen..? His accepting immediately n duet songs in the bus.. Now C'mon Sar.. When Was I Lucky With Anything.. ? Things Take Time To materialise.. "
"Its a guy's job Ann.." Sarah pouted..
"No, it isnt.. Anyone who needs a relationship must have patience.. You can't expect every girl to be swept off the feet.. Sometimes you have to take the cue.. watch what is happening ad hope it comes to you... And I, my Dear.." I said as I got up.."Don't believe in things coming without effort.. It is meant to be, It will and It has to come back to me... "
I knew very well that Sarah didn't expect this to happen.. Though I wasn't a friend of Ned at school.. I Knew him even before Sarah came in the picture.. And Seeing Whatever Happened.. I wasn't surprised,.. I expected him...
In fact, This was my first expectation.. That he wouldn't agree..
Sarah was saying about her and Richard's evening plans.. And My stomach was growing sick...
'I know that my heart has been broken.. And The one who will fix the pieces is exactly the same one who broke it...' I was silently thinking to myself.. And wiping the tear down my cheek... ' And I Shall not rest till I fix my personal life..'
It Is Better To Promise Nothing Than Try And Give Everything.
Than To Promise Everything And Give Nothing..
Because Expectations Hurt, And Reality Slaps...








3 comments:
Well Put ! :)
But this episode was quite boring ;)
nicely done...and i loved it :)
TC
@aravind: guys wouldnt like this :P
@fatima.. Thank u :) tc :)
Post a Comment