When You Get Too Close, You Admire Every Point In A Painting..
When You Go A Step Back, Everything Is Just The Same..
Simply, Things Are The Way You See..
"Well.. Ann??" Ned was asking me.. As I was wondering what I had to reply..
It had almost been around just 12.. The party got over and I had a small nap.. Following His arrival, I had to get up..
I looked at him and said.. "I'll tell you frankly, Since I'm tired, Don't misunderstand if I look sleepy.. as you speak I mean.."
Ned laughed.. "You are being painfully frank.."
I shrugged and said "Well, If that is what I think, Then the same must be said right?"
Ned brushed his chin thoughtfully.. "Intelligent.." he murmured..
I stood up and mockingly took a bow "And thank you... "
Ned stretched his legs and motioned me to sit next to him..
I went on numbly and sat.. I was desperately trying to make a joke of the situation and he was painfully making it more difficult for me...
He was silent which intrigued me even more...
"So Ann.. What Are Your plans for future..?"
This Was Easy .. I thought.. "Well.. After completing my bachelors, I'm going to do my masters, Then my doctorate.. Then probably go to some good place like that kirrin island.. And get a big house and do research forever.. That's all.."
Ned stared at me.. as if I spoke horrendously horrible things...
"what ??" I asked him thinking in my mind.. 'He was supposed to get impressed with whatever I spoke.. But Why is he staring..?'
He stood up.. "Miss.Anny Drew..?"
I asked meekly .."yes?"
Ned Said In a huff... "I surrender mademoiselle.. You are just impossible..."
Saying that he went over to the big tv-screen that lay in front of us.. And put the movie that I had chosen...
'What did he mean.. When he said that..' I was wondering..
But he was all lost in smiles, he never asked me anything more... Went on speaking about things...
"You know Ann, I always wanted to fly high.. To touch The Sky With My own machine.. And Now every thing is like just a step away..."
He was excitedly speaking.. I could see his passion... So Much that half way through we forgot that we were watching a movie and started speaking about desire, dreams and passion..
"I always wanted to do this you know.. Look at something and find out what and why it is that way.. My thirst for knowledge never seems to quench..."
We were both beaming in pride at our own visualizing dreams... I didn't remember the last time I was happy like that...
"Coffee? " I asked him.. Suddenly my sleep being gone far away, a stimulant would do good.. I felt...
"If you let me help in making it.. " He replied, already heading towards Sarah's kitchen... Without even pausing for my reply..
He went over and took the milk and I boiled the caffeine.. and finally the coffee had been made...
"You know what Ann..."
"Speak ahead.." I said as I took the first sip..
"I was quite surprised when you told about your future plans..!"
I was taken aback.. To me, that always the most logical thing I ever did or thought or I knew..
"Why..?" I said, obviously very startled...
"I thought you would say something like your husband, kids and family.."
I was relieved.. "Oh, You meant my personal life eh?? ok.. ok.. I thought you wanted to know about my professional life.. "
I continued, taking my coffee...
"So..??" Ned asked...
"What now..?" I asked, as I cudn't get what he was driving at...
"Sigh... You are impossible.. I meant what are your plans for personal life Ann??"
I took a deep breath.. "Once I feel I can Be Myself, with any guy I meet.. I think I can settle down..."
"Go On.. Say more about him..."Ned asked..
"Now that you are asking..." Ann said.. " lemme see.. He should be that sort of guy who loves his profession, who dances well... he should be ready to put up with me in a basket ball match as a competitor.. At the same time.. cuddle up with me in a couch at late night.. Or hold me tight in a gathering.." I was gazing here and there and speaking.. Putting my finger on my chin thoughtfully I said " that does sound good, right?"
Ned laughed... "right.. Nice one.."
I took a mocking bow.. "thank you..."
At that point of time... He put his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him..
"Ned.." I was so shocked to even speak or rather I didn't even know what to do...
He bent down my ear and said "Go ahead.."
"Leave Me... I am not comfortable as of now is concerned..."
In a split of second I was free...
"I am sorry.." he apologized..
"Think it never happened.." I said, Someway I knew this was going to happen sooner or later.. "I am not like those girls.."
Ned who was avoiding my gaze till then... Looked up and asked "sorry.. i didn't get you..."
I looked up at him..
"I am not one of those girls who would do anything to get your attention.. I am just not.."
Ned looked shocked.. "So that is what you thought I was trying to do?"
Before I could say anything Sarah came in.. "Ann.. What are you saying? Ned just leave the place for a while, I think its time I speak to her its high time..."
Ned wheeled around and grabbed me by my hand.. "Of all the girls I knew.. You, You shouldn't have said something as cheap as this.. I feel disgusting..."
"Ned, I..." Before I could say anything he was long gone...
Sarah let a drop of tear run down.. "I should have said somethings before...." She said and hugged me....
I wasn't able to understand anything that was happening around... The world around me seemed to change in a split of second...
I was numb.. I wanted to speak to Ned, More than Sarah and I told Her...
Sarah was shouting behind me.. "Anny Drew, Just forgive me... He Told me not to tell you... That He.."
"liked me..." I completed her statement and went out to stop Ned....
When You Get Too Close, You Admire Every Point In A Painting..
When You Go A Step Back, Everything Is Just The Same..
Simply, Things Are The Way You See..







5 comments:
Ahh.. The story's getting Hotter!! ;)
And Anny Drew is changing !! ;)
And Ned Nickerson is becoming a Hero !! ;)
But.. missing a Love sequence!! Lolz!! ;)
Gud wrk.. keep movin!! :)
thank you :)
Superb. Every part of it is better than the previous one :)Keep it up!!!
thank u :)
Wow..its gripping me more :)
Take Care
Post a Comment