In The Shades Of The Dark, I beseech the Moon light..
When Times Are Tough, I Pray For You With All My Might..
Once the song had ended.. I clapped merrily seeing Richard giving a smooch to Sarah.. She had been perfect.. The moment had been perfect, frozen in my mind for all the ages to come.. She was happy, ecstatic.. She had wanted this, She had dared to go for it, after many short-comings they had wound up together...
"Nice act on the floor Ann.." Rach's voice pulled me out of the trance..
I suddenly realised that I had attracted more attention than I could afford to.. "Well, thanks.." I said and I blushed.. it was becoming awkward for me..
"I didn't know that you danced so well.." My mom pouted hugging me.. "Well, you have a lot to discover about me.." I said loudly grinning ..
I had enough of these fake people.. I went to my bestie.. One pounce I was hugging her so tightly, I was so sure nobody could feel the warmth I felt at that moment ever in my life!!
Tears welled in my eyes, I couldn't believe all this was happening so soon..
"Don't I deserve one too..?" Richard asked looking over me.. "ha ha come here girl" he pouted patting my head.. "You were terrific, your first performance was worth the wait...."
"the credit is all to my tutor" I said smiling at him...
The music had again begun.. I began to move in the crowd.. To the same bush where i always used to stand and see people dance..
To my utter dismay, I saw Ned in there with Rach.. I shuffled to avoid them seeing me.. And quietly settled in another place..
"So you aren't gonna dance with my bro again tonight??" A voice asked..
"Hi, bells I didn't see it was you.. How have you been..??"
"Good dear.. Hey listen, will you dance with me.. I mean they are planning for a girls thing.. Shall we..??"
"I would love to.." I said and caught her hand, went in and changed into the type of clothes I wear.. But today even they were a bit fluffy..
For the first time ever in my life, I let my hair run down my shoulders..
"You look gorgeous that way.." Bells said as we moved on...
The dance had been a fiery act... To the song 'Lose my breath' and clearly all guys had lost theirs!!
I had after many days let myself free and danced like it was the only thing I was ever born to do.. And it added more grace..
"Looks like someone is very sexy today.." I blushed hearing this from Richard.. "Hey, I meant my girl.."
I made a face.. "Ya, I know.."
Richard stood up and said.. "The one who is supposed to say all this to you is waiting to grab you on the floor again.." He said pointing to Ned, who had been looking at us from the other end..
"Just forget it..." I said as I made an exit.. With Sarah and Richard making vain calls for me to come back...
'I had had a very good evening.. I was happy for her.. '... I thought as I was sitting on the edge of the swimming pool having a fruit punch in hand and both my legs in water.. The moon was shining in its full glory above me.. 'Ned And Rachel..' I was thinking to myself.. 'Why aren't you surprised Ann.. She and him.. Shoot me.. ' I thought..
'Thoughts are strange.. They entice you in happiness, entangle you in confusions, and strangle you in sadness.. Thoughts Fantasy.. Love, Commitment, Relationships..' I Thought, as I hugged my knee... 'Love..' I thought, closing my eyes and forcibly remembering our first hug.. 'A big mistake..'
I would have made three to four circles around the swimming pool drowning in the thoughts of my own head.. After which I realised the howling and hooting noise from the party..
" I guess its still on... " I spoke loud to myself..
"Yeah, it is.." I heard from behind.. I could realise it miles away.. Ned..
I was angry.. I didn't open my mouth.. I just started from the place.. 'How dare he insult me in public and come over and speak!' I thought..
"Now look Ann, I know you are angry.. " Ned said standing on the path and blocking my way ahead..
I stood right in front of him and looked in his eyes challenging him to speak..
Ned started.. "I know I have been damn bad.. You were ill, I didn't bother enough to call you, neither did I attend your calls... And infact I had been selfish enough to go on a dinner date with another girl and I did not even tell you.. I made fun of your health and I danced with someone else.. I was rude, mean, arrogant and all wrong.."
I had heard too much than what I could bear up that day.. As I still was staring at him, my eyes started tearing up.. I wanted to run away and I did try..
He had caught me.. And had held both my hands folded behind, he was over powering me.. Apart from being helpless, I just couldn't bear the pain of my hands being wrenched..
"Where are you going? Wait.. I'm not done yet.. You think I'm in love with her don't you..?"
He said, the only response I gave was more crying.. I was budging him, hoping he would loosen the grip, with which he held me, but nothing seemed to work..
"What, frightened being this close to me.. This isn't the first time is it..? You love me don't you..? And anyways we had spent many nights together travelling right..?"
The only response I again gave was crying..
He tightened the grip even more.. It was as if he would kill me the next moment..
He looked in my eyes.. "What do you want to say through these tears..??"
I mumbled.. "Leave my hands please.."
One move, I was free.. I fell down.. He was standing facing the opposite side..
"Ned Nickerson.. Leave me..." I said out aloud..
And there he stood stunned like Someone had stabbed him...
In The Shades Of The Dark, I beseech the Moon light..
When Times Are Tough, I Pray For You With All My Might..








2 comments:
that was beaautiful...loved the quote..very touching:)
i jst followed you, i hope you follow back:)
thank you :)
Post a Comment