A Simple Love Story.. Part 19.. Dreamy Days



She Had Been Vividly Hovering In His Dream...
He Had Been Vivaciously Lying In Her Arms..
The Curtains Fell...

I Closed The Novel.. 'A Nice Happy Ending' I Thought..

I Had Been very happy today because I Had been praised By many for my presentations on the modern scopes of forensics.. My superiors were thoroughly impressed with my ideas at the first year of my career.. Many seniors had requested me to include them in my project.. I was wondering whom to ask for help.. If it had been school, I would've known whom to count on.. Things were different here!

After a seemingly long day, full of applause and praise.. I retired with a novel that Sarah had given me ages ago..
Needless to say, A romantic genre one..

Not that still I felt like reading it, but anyways I didnot find a valid reason to avoid it..
Ned had been more busy as he was working on increasing his flying hours..
It had been almost fifteen days since I left home.. Time had flown away like anything.. I had been busy with my presentations and he with his stuff..

I stretched and laid down on the bed.. The strain wasn't physical..
It was my heart.. It was yearning for his voice..
No matter how many times I convinced myself that his presence or absence isn't going to affect me, I just proved myself wrong...!!
And there seemed no point in running away from self..
Just when I was swinging my mobile phone here and there, he called..
As if it was his right to ease my ache..
"Hi baby.."
I sat up straight... 'He knows you love him.. And he is calling you a baby..'
"ya, hi.. How are you doing?"
Ned took a long pause.. "very well.. Guess I was sort of missing you around.. It's been ages since I came home.. Since we met also.."
"Coming to think of it Ned, I had been wondering the same.. I wanted to go back home.. Was thinking of starting on Friday.. Night should be easier.."
Ned sounded thoughtful.. " I wouldn't let you travel alone in night.. Now would you stop if I asked you to..?"
I was taken aback.. I had never had the experience before of being controlled out of concern.. It was amusing me..
I grinned to myself, tapped my forehead and said.. "Well, I'm not famous for some obedience.. Even if it is out of concern.."
Ned was angry, I could sense that.. Before he could say anything I Pouted.. "If Ned has concern for Ann, then her ladyship wishes to be escorted by you monsieur.."
Ned at once, reacted.. "You and your naughty thoughts!! "
I was grinning.. "I hadn't been naughty at any point on time, on the name of the Lord.. You were.. So point at yourself and speak.."
I knew very well if Ned had been in person at that time he would ve been grinning sheepishly.. He was a shy guy.. He got embarrassed when I pointed out to him..
I mocked the typical Voice of the Customer care of any Service-Provider .. "I-Am-Still-Waiting-For-Your-Response!!!"
Ned grinned and said.. "No, can never be an answer to you from me.. Your ladyship will reach her destination with her destiny.."
I had caught his point.. "No can never be an answer for me.. Come to think about it, does this have a validity for all my questions..??"
Ned laughed out loud.. "I'll explain all salient features of validity in person at midnight twelve when we see this weekend.."
I blushed.. I didn't know what to say, Ned teased me.. "Zap out of imaginations lady, Atleast not when I'm on the line.."
I protested.. "I'm not imagining anything.."
Ned mocked sadness.. "You aren't?? well, that's bad! The next time I say I'm coming you should blush pink.. And I shall make sure of it, my dear..."
I said in a dreamy tone.. "Ah, Well, Lets see if the charmer charms me the next time.."
Ned laughed.. "Charmer always charms you.. I know you must've blushed a zillion times by now.. Don't lie.."
I changed the topic..Things were going way much embarrasing..
"Rachel called.. She was pouting about your flying experience.. How come she gets to know it before me..?" I was asking, on a jealous tone..
"Well, She is my sweetheart.. And I'll say her.. "
I just couldn't hear even a lie like that.. I was damn possessive.. He knew that.. I, instantly became dead silent..
And he knew, I wanted him to notice my silence..
"Just kidding lady.. She had called me and I said her a word or two.. None is as important as you are okay? I think I'll have a dinner at your city.. as a compensation for hurting my ladyship.."
"Better.. " was the only word that I could mouth..
"And Rose wanted you to call her.. For some weekend shopping plans.. So you better do.. I had forgotten to say.."
I was instantly cheered up.. The very fact that his mom wanted me to spend time with her, appealed to me..
"Well, we shall get some strawberries for her... Do you think she likes it..?"
"Oh, Ann, She loves em.. That's great.. So when I come there, I'll get it..."
"No, We will get it " I said, as I put on a bright smile..
Even to myself, I sounded as if we had been married and I was going to my MIL's place..
As Ned said, I'd better shake all these imaginations..
"Ann, I have to leave now.. I have My basketball stuff.. I'm really sorry to break it at this tone.. I'll see you very soon.."
He said thus and without even pausing for my reply he had cut the call..



'Guys.!!!' I thought as I put down the phone and looked on the screen and read the lines:

She Had Been Vividly Hovering In His Dream...
He Had Been Vivaciously Lying In Her Arms..
The Curtains Fell...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Aravind Kumar said...

Awesome post!! As U told, I loved it ;)

sti said...

thank u :)

sti said...

thank u :)

Post a Comment