A Simple Love Story.. Part 23.. The Dance..


Once You Hear What You Mean To Someone,
You See The Heaven In Their Affection...

"I Love this shade, Sarah.." I was pouting as I saw the dress my best buddy had got me.. I had liked it a lot, since lavender was one of my needed colors in the wardrobes..
"Glad you liked" pouted Sarah and gave me a quick hug..
"I'm beginning to get over all my bad health and I actually am getting excited for the evening.. This feels great.." I said throwing my hands up in the air...

"So you have arrived..?" asked a husky male voice from the other end of the room..
Once I wheeled around I saw Sarah's father Mr.Reynolds.. His crisp physique and his prompt manners could make anyone look at him in a crowd... Not to mention his style of carrying himself around..
I got up and shook my hand.. I never liked the custom of pecks.. They seemed sick and he knew I hated it...
"How is your health now?" he inquired.. "Very fine Sir.. I'm doing pretty good today..." I said beaming.. "So whats the occasion for the bash...?"
"You will just have to wait for it my dear.. And by the time you can take a look at the dresses I got for Richard, Sarah and My beloved wife.."
"I'd love to.." I said as Sarah began to show me..
I fainted, They were way too perfect!! Sarah's dress was of a darker shade of maroon having white laces and black roses..
I whispered to Sarah "Are you by any means getting married today??"
Sarah blushed.. "Well, yes and No.."
"WHAT??" I said and sat up in amazement.. Marriage was too early for her..
"Typical Ann.. You just cant wait for things to happen right? You just die to know them.." Richard pouted as he came into the room..
I pulled my tongue out, turned and sat with my face between my hands.. Sarah was glaring at Richard..
"Ok, All right Ann you win today.." He said.. "I'll not make fun of you today.." He said as he held my hand and gave a peck on my forehead As Sarah caught my other hand and hugged..
"Stop it you two!!! You will make me cry I guess..." I wailed as both of them were crushing me..
Richard stood up and he said.. "Of course, you are my sweetheart.."
I got up and said laughing.. "Go Away!!!"
Richard had work so he left me with Sarah..
"When is my mom coming?" I questioned Sar..
"Oh she is already here dear, She is with Rose and Rachel's mom..."
"So Ned and Rachel are here???" I perked up.. I was beginning to hate this idea...
"Yes, and Now we shall leave to see them, And for once I'll escort you.." She said and I put on a faint smile... 'What is happening..' I thought as I was walking..

As expected all were together.. As they saw us, they greeted..
"Finally you are standing on your own legs.." Ned made fun of me..
"Oh, give her a break Ned.. " Rachel said poking his ribs..
I gave a faint smile.. faint smiles are so fake!

Sarah's mother began.. "You know Ann, Rachel and Ned are hitting the floor tonight for the lead dance with Sarah and Richard, isn't that wonderful..?" She said clasping her own hands in delight...
"Terrific idea, I would love to watch it!!!" I pouted and clapped my hands.. 'so much for fakeness..'
"So you guys aren't practicing..??" I asked Rachel...
"You are so right Ann, Dear Rach we should get going now.." Ned said grabbing Rach's hand and making an exit..
"Thanks for emptying the chair" I yelled behind and added.. "Hey have fun!!" I said, Practically I was wondering if I was biting off more than I could chew..
The conversation seemed boring to me, I was somewhere else mentally.. I was looking for an excuse to leave..
And for once Richard seemed to be of some use to me.. When he called Sar for rehersals, I knew I could see Ned and Rach..
And once their rehearsals begun, I hated it more than anything..
Ned was flirting with Rach, I could see that..
And I hated that even more..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sun had set in and the dusk had arrived.. Somehow Sar and Richard had told me that I wasn't supposed to show myself up in the crowd, until they said me to.. So I was ranting behind the bushes, exactly where Ned was there..
I hated all this jobs, it was completely unlike me.. I stood up from the front and not the rear.. 'Someday I'll kill you for making me hide..' I grumbled at sar's idea..

"Where is Ann...?" Rach asked looking here and there..
"Probably embarrased of her own style of dressing, she is hiding somewhere..." Ned laughed...
I wish I was dead, That moment I really did feel that way!

Suddenly the lights went up.. And I could see Richard from the side of the lawn.. Leaving Ned to his dance 'partner' I went over to Richard afraid he might lose his temper searching for me..
"And today ladies and gentlemen.." His voice rose up in the crowd.. "Marks a very special dad to the Reynolds family.."
Mr.Reynolds came up and joined him.. "It is the day I proposed my girl.." He said holding his wife, The beautiful lady!

After a few exchange of words, the dance was announced.. Ned, Rach, Richard and Sar had hit the floor.. Rach was sloppy,her dress wasn't helping her much with the dance.. Sar and Richard had settled for simple moves, so it looked and elegant..
Somehow I felt that Ned wasn't excited at this dancing, His style was different, I had seen him move before..

Half way through the song, Richards voice rose up and the light dimmed on the four.. "Someone ladies and gentlemen.." said Richard.. "had been very eagerly asking what is the occasion for the party?" He huffed.. "Reasons are too many.. But Now, please put your hands together for Anny Drew.."
I again wished I was dead.. Walking in this costume in front of everyone was embarrasing to me..
"Is that really my daughter..?" My mom asked as she saw me..
Yes, I was perfect that evening.. Studded in a stunning shade of lavendar with my tresses falling on the shoulder and a single pendent on my neck I looked beautiful.. I myself knew it..
"Wow.." I heard people saying..
Richard cleared his throat as he saw that Ned was staring at me.. "Ann.. You promised us something..??"
I didnot remember anything..
Richard came over and whispered in my ear.. 'I am going t propose her tonight.. She has no idea of it.. You promised you would dance remember..'
He said and winked.. I did proimse that, nobody knew that I danced, not even my own mom.. But I did..
I shrieked in surprise.. 'This is so nice of him', I thought and gave him a hug...

"To My Age Old Promise..." I said them..
"So for the first time ever.. Anny Drew on the floor..."
Suelta seemed to be the good option.. Solo Salsa could set them ablaze...
I drew a deep breath and hit the floor...
Much to their surprise I had joyfully completed my act,.. The twists and turns had been perfect.. Suddenly Richard came over and took in for a duet act.. I had practised with him, so it was easy for me to do the same..
As I was dancing I could see that Ned had grabbed Sarah on the floor..
One minute I was with Richard and Sarah was with Ned.. The guys had eventually brought us to the middle of the floor.. A single turn the partners had been swapped...
I was in his arms.. I wanted to leave the floor.. Nevertheless I did not want to spoil Richards plans..
Much that I hated it, Ned had been damn good at dancing and somehow he seemed to come to life.. he had lifted me twice and had tossed me once up in the air, I did not feel like we were dancing for the first time..
And then, The Music Ended

Once You Hear What You Mean To Someone,
You See The Heaven In Their Affection...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Aravind Kumar said...

After a long break, I'm reading three episodes at a single go. U know, I would say the same old thing. It's pretty awesome :) Carry on! :)

sti said...

thank you :)

Post a Comment