Unexpected Packages Are The Best Ones To Open!
When I woke up, rubbing my eyes, no one was around.. But Thanks To the medicines my head was better..
As I sat and ate a few slices of bread, I slowly started remembering whatever happened.. I was beginning to wonder what had caused such a drastic change in Ned's behaviour.. Something made me feel that he had decided something.. And it was something that wasn't going to be good for me..
Suddenly Sarah called..
"Hiya Ann, I expect you are in town??"
"Yeah.. I am.. I am not well Sarah.."
"What happened..??"
I went on saying what ever happened.. Surprisingly Sarah reacted only with a "Oh.."
She did not say any more..
"And I forgot to tell you Why I called you..." Sarah pouted..
I was still unable to get over the shock that Sarah did not react anything..
"And why is that..??"
"Tomorrow Dad is throwing a party.. So you are invited.."
I was startled.. "I'll try" I said.. "I don't have anything decent to wear.." I wailed..
"Now there is a surprise.. "
My eyes popped up.. "What?"
"I got You A Dress.. Be on time To rock the floor dear" She said and cut the call..
'Right Rock the floor...' I thought.. I was jarred up and people wanted me to rock the floor.. I laughed at the irony..
The very prospect that mother had come back home and enquired about my health made me feel a lot better..
As I went on an evening walk, I was debating whether or not to call Rose.. I had met Rachel on the way.. So we were just discussing movies and moving on.. Her home came and then I was left free at my own will..
I sat on a tree shade, cross legged and for a few minutes closed my eyes and relished the air around me..
"Beautiful, Refreshing.." I said and opened up my eyes, only to see that Rose and another girl with her were staring at me wide eyed..
I always used to do this.. I was wondering why these people were staring..
"Err.. Hi.." I said as I stood up..
"What on earth are you doing out of your bed Ann?" Rose asked arching her eyebrows..
I laughed.. "It doesn't seem like a good prospect , I mean sleeping all day.. Was feeling better so got off the bed.."
"And you are walking all alone..??" Rose asked in horror, as if I had violated some Government rules..
I Looked on either side.. "Yes, I guess so.. This isn't new for me Rose.. The lake down there.." I said pointing at the end of the lane.. "knows me ever since I was this small, So felt like going there that is all.."
I was looking at the girl with Rose who resembled her and Ned in every way.. The skin-tone, the eye-color..
"You must be Belinda..??"
The girl smiled.. " Just Bells please.. Ann right?"
"Yeah" I said as I shook the hand.. And put it in my pockets..
"You still aren't well, your hand is hot.." She sounded like any typical doctor to me..
"I know" I said Looking at the lane.. "But once those sands down there embraces me.. I'll be perfect.." I smiled..
"Shall I send Ned..??" Rose asked..
"Oh, please don't.. I think he is busy, Rachel was saying he was going to come for dinner to her place.. So I don't want to spoil his plans.." I said brushing a tear..
"Now, if you would excuse me.." I said taking a step forward.. " I must be going.."
Belinda spoke softly In Sarah's ears And added.. " I'm leaving mom with you.. Take care.." She gave me a quick hug and left..
I wanted to be alone.. I had been hurt.. Questions had been tormenting me to titters.. Moms reactions, Ned's behavioral change, Rose's silence, Sarah's indifference, Rachel's plans..
"So you guys fought..?" Rose asked breaking my thoughts...
"Did he say so.. No.. I don't think so.. I wish I knew the reason for his indifference.."
"Ann all that happens is for the well-being.." Rose quipped..
" I Know, I just.. I just can't put through this now.. That is all.."
I sat by the lake.. And closed my eyes.. Took a few deep breaths..
I was relaxed..
"So, Shall we start back..??" I quipped after an hour..
"As you wish dear..." Rose said as she held my hand..
Unexpected Packages Are The Best Ones To Open!








0 comments:
Post a Comment