When the clock ticks at nine and all along the rhymes of time,
All I ever wonder is, How I could be fine, without something that is mine!
I had woken up the next day, Not too ecstatic or happy, neither dull and sad. I was satisfied, satisfied of his presence in my world that nothing else mattered. What he said, why he said, when he said and all. Like the minute a mother sees he new born's smile she forgets her own pain. That way, Exactly the same way.
Ned was off to his college for work, I was staying back, since a year had been left off to wrap up my course, I wanted to put the best of whatever I could. 'Profession shouldn't pay the price for relation', I thought.
Looking at my phone, I could see Sarah's umpteen calls! 'Impatience, Nice' I thought, remembering how much time she took for confessing about her relationship to me. Nevertheless, I was the one with a big mouth and I saw no point in hiding things, especially to her. And I was pretty much sure, Ned wouldn't mind it either!
Leaving quick texts to a few professional contacts, promising to meet em soon, I headed on to call Sarah. 'Enough she must be dying to listen', I thought. But the truth? I was dying to say!!!
Even before the first ring could be over, she had picked it up!
"Ann, how dare you!" she yelled.
I was supressing a sinister smile. I was waiting for this day since like forever!!
"What did I do now?!" I asked her in an innocent tone.
"How dare you ask me such a question, miss!"
I finally gave up. "So tell me, what's up?!"
She had lost her temper- "I should tell you uh? You and your Mr.Prince charming vanished off in the car. Atleast he had the nerve to leave a text saying that it was his best day. You literally vanished into mid air lady!!"
I grabbed my cup of coffee and sat down. "Not vanished actually. I had to travel back and I overslept due to the same."
"Overslept? Don't people lose sleep when they fall in love?" Sarah teased.
"May be, they do. you should be knowing these! After all you are better experienced!"
"Ha ha, very funny! Out with it now!"
I leaned back and said her in detail about everything. The drive, the mild tears, the marble place, the small twirl, the beautiful gift- Everything! Including the dream too!
Sarah fell silent. "Hey you are listening right?" I popped up.
"Yeah" Came her reply. "You know what?"
I sat up, 'Now what?!' I thought pausing for her to go on.
"I always thought Richard was the most romantic person of all, Ned seems to have left him way behind today!"
I literally threw back and laughed, "Oh, please! I know how much Richard has done.. Besides.."
I fell silent. Sarah asked "What's bothering you now?"
I took a small breath, " I donot know Sar, Maybe I am just being paranoid. Things seem totally fake. I just dont know. I mean Ned was the hottest guy around. Me? I was poles apart from him. Things don't seem to add up. And I am scared of commitment. And moreover, it is long distance one too.."
Sarah cut in "Is it just my feeling or are you being extra stupid today?!"
"May be you are right, but may be..."
Sarah yelled.. "Enough Ann, Think positive. That is all. Take care. Bye!"
As she hung up, I was lost in a world of thoughts.
Or probably I did take a nap. Yesterday seemed to be forever.
The phone had been ringing, suddenly I jolted and woke up.
It was him.
I picked it. "You din't go for flying today?"
Ned's husky voice at the other end sent random ripples all through me. "Hi baby! and no."
"Oh" I said to him.
"And madam, that is how you speak to your boyfriend?!"
I was stupid! Or Sarah was right!
"I apologize.. I umm.. err... was sleeping!"
"Did I catch you day dreaming madam?"
I blushed to death.
"Is that a crime?"
Ned laughed, "yes, especially when I am dying to speak to you!"
"Well, I prefer sleeping" I said.
"Don't taunt and torture me so, lady! Spare! After the dance and the drive, only I know how difficult it was for me to leave you alone. If I had an option, I wouldn't even let you go out of my arms.."
"Ah the words are soothing and romantic... But we have so much to do in life! My passion, yours, everything matters Ned."
Probably he was annoyed, but I had to tell him all these. the earlier, the better.
To my utter surprise he said, "I will not come in between you and your dreams, Ann"
I jolted, "What?"
"I mean it, you are right Ann. You are free to do things you want, I love you, I don't wana own you. You are free to go. I trust you more than what I trust myself. You follow your heart. I will be more than happy to you succeed."
'But I don't trust you. I feel insecure seeing you speak to someone else. His friends. My friends- to none this would seem right! I knew it. We are damn different.' were the words I wanted to tell him. "Thank you Ned. You have lessened the burden of my heart!" I said.
"I thought it would've vanished Ann", he frowned, "Lessened?"
I was very earnest at that moment, "I miss you. I really don't believe I am saying so to someone. But I do. Yet lets strive hard today, and spend eternity in bliss."
"You have a point madam. Did I tell you I love that stable head of yours too? Apart from the pure heart?!"
I played along, "You never did! Did I tell you I like the attitude of yours and the way yours eyes twinkle?"
"Now, now who knew Ms. Anny Drew would have some other feeling than hatred towards me?"
"Hatred? When did I hate you?" I mocked.
"Oh, please, every Tom-Dick and Harry knew that story."
Both of us laughed out loud. Things seemed pretty obvious, only love was inevitable!! We were blind never to see.
"Okay, running late for my basket ball sessions! I'll catch up soon. Bye baby! Take care!" Ned blew a kiss on phone and rushed off to respond to the wails of his teammates.
"Bye" I mouthed.
'This was what I longed for! Why am I not ecstatic!' I thought..
Even before the first ring could be over, she had picked it up!
"Ann, how dare you!" she yelled.
I was supressing a sinister smile. I was waiting for this day since like forever!!
"What did I do now?!" I asked her in an innocent tone.
"How dare you ask me such a question, miss!"
I finally gave up. "So tell me, what's up?!"
She had lost her temper- "I should tell you uh? You and your Mr.Prince charming vanished off in the car. Atleast he had the nerve to leave a text saying that it was his best day. You literally vanished into mid air lady!!"
I grabbed my cup of coffee and sat down. "Not vanished actually. I had to travel back and I overslept due to the same."
"Overslept? Don't people lose sleep when they fall in love?" Sarah teased.
"May be, they do. you should be knowing these! After all you are better experienced!"
"Ha ha, very funny! Out with it now!"
I leaned back and said her in detail about everything. The drive, the mild tears, the marble place, the small twirl, the beautiful gift- Everything! Including the dream too!
Sarah fell silent. "Hey you are listening right?" I popped up.
"Yeah" Came her reply. "You know what?"
I sat up, 'Now what?!' I thought pausing for her to go on.
"I always thought Richard was the most romantic person of all, Ned seems to have left him way behind today!"
I literally threw back and laughed, "Oh, please! I know how much Richard has done.. Besides.."
I fell silent. Sarah asked "What's bothering you now?"
I took a small breath, " I donot know Sar, Maybe I am just being paranoid. Things seem totally fake. I just dont know. I mean Ned was the hottest guy around. Me? I was poles apart from him. Things don't seem to add up. And I am scared of commitment. And moreover, it is long distance one too.."
Sarah cut in "Is it just my feeling or are you being extra stupid today?!"
"May be you are right, but may be..."
Sarah yelled.. "Enough Ann, Think positive. That is all. Take care. Bye!"
As she hung up, I was lost in a world of thoughts.
Or probably I did take a nap. Yesterday seemed to be forever.
The phone had been ringing, suddenly I jolted and woke up.
It was him.
I picked it. "You din't go for flying today?"
Ned's husky voice at the other end sent random ripples all through me. "Hi baby! and no."
"Oh" I said to him.
"And madam, that is how you speak to your boyfriend?!"
I was stupid! Or Sarah was right!
"I apologize.. I umm.. err... was sleeping!"
"Did I catch you day dreaming madam?"
I blushed to death.
"Is that a crime?"
Ned laughed, "yes, especially when I am dying to speak to you!"
"Well, I prefer sleeping" I said.
"Don't taunt and torture me so, lady! Spare! After the dance and the drive, only I know how difficult it was for me to leave you alone. If I had an option, I wouldn't even let you go out of my arms.."
"Ah the words are soothing and romantic... But we have so much to do in life! My passion, yours, everything matters Ned."
Probably he was annoyed, but I had to tell him all these. the earlier, the better.
To my utter surprise he said, "I will not come in between you and your dreams, Ann"
I jolted, "What?"
"I mean it, you are right Ann. You are free to do things you want, I love you, I don't wana own you. You are free to go. I trust you more than what I trust myself. You follow your heart. I will be more than happy to you succeed."
'But I don't trust you. I feel insecure seeing you speak to someone else. His friends. My friends- to none this would seem right! I knew it. We are damn different.' were the words I wanted to tell him. "Thank you Ned. You have lessened the burden of my heart!" I said.
"I thought it would've vanished Ann", he frowned, "Lessened?"
I was very earnest at that moment, "I miss you. I really don't believe I am saying so to someone. But I do. Yet lets strive hard today, and spend eternity in bliss."
"You have a point madam. Did I tell you I love that stable head of yours too? Apart from the pure heart?!"
I played along, "You never did! Did I tell you I like the attitude of yours and the way yours eyes twinkle?"
"Now, now who knew Ms. Anny Drew would have some other feeling than hatred towards me?"
"Hatred? When did I hate you?" I mocked.
"Oh, please, every Tom-Dick and Harry knew that story."
Both of us laughed out loud. Things seemed pretty obvious, only love was inevitable!! We were blind never to see.
"Okay, running late for my basket ball sessions! I'll catch up soon. Bye baby! Take care!" Ned blew a kiss on phone and rushed off to respond to the wails of his teammates.
"Bye" I mouthed.
'This was what I longed for! Why am I not ecstatic!' I thought..
When the clock ticks at nine and all along the rhymes of time,
All I ever wonder is, How I could be fine, without something that is mine!


.jpg)





1 comments:
Good one swathi :) waiting eagerly for the next part !!!
Post a Comment