Care Is Like That Cotton Candy You Have Always Dreamed Of Eating..
The More You Open Your Mouth To Chew It With Force,
The More Easily It Can Be Gulped Down !
"So Shall We go back in..?" Mrs.Nickerson said after the couple had left..
"I guess so.. Boy, I'm starving.." I said and laughed, as I went in.. "By The way, I'm sorry I didn't catch your first name..?"
"Ann Its, Rosaline.." Ned replied to me..
"hmm.. Nice.. Considering the blush of your cheek even now.." I had noticed that the moment I came in..
She threw back her head and laughed.. "You are quite an observer.."
"Well, I don't miss the details.. Lady.."
"Call me Rose, Ann.. even Sar and Ned call me so.."
"If you insist" I said as I sat on the dining table of the Nickerson residence...
Breakfast had been very simple.. And supple.. With a lot of fruits and bread-milk.. I liked the cheerful company of the lady.. She was like Sarah in many ways.. Cheerful and lovely in all ways.. ♥
Ned was constantly staring at me from across the table.. It was becoming uncomfortable.. And finally Rose had work to do.. She had some errands to run and had to go to shop..
"Oh, Rose, If you are off, then I guess I must be on my way back to..." I said, avoiding Ned's obvious stare and forgetting two facts one I couldn't go back alone, It was a long way and Sarah had left.. And two, I could not go back to my place.. I had to go to Sarah's and not my place.. I wasn't even sure if Sarah was even at her place..
Rose had a tiny smile on her face.." My son is good.. You don't trust him, do you?"
I was startled.. At once i knew I had over-reacted to the situation.. Before I could even say something she planted a soft kiss on my fore-head and said "i'll be back soon.. Stay for lunch.."
And the door clicked and she was gone..
Leaving my Nervousness behind!
"So.. Gaming, Cooking or Movie?" He begun, as he sat on the couch..
"You still wanna see a movie with me after last night..?" I blurted..
"I'm patient.." Ned said, "Oh!! Does that mean I'm bad..??"
I was in a mood for mock fights.. "Yes, you are but obviously" Ned quipped..
I had been sitting on a couch I stood up right opposite to his couch.. Blocking him from seeing the tele-vision..
"just what do you think of yourself when you speak like that?" I challenged..
Ned put his right leg on his left and sat as though he was the King of England.. "Well, now that you ask me , let me say.. I consider myself a freaking Genius.."
I was abashed "Say what, Tell me one thing you are good at.. Mr.Freaking genius.." I said mocking his accent and posture..
"Gaming.. You want to challenge me baby..?? I'm sure I could win against some sick girl with a total girly attitude cry baby..." He said and put his tongue out and winked..
I went over to him.. And put my finger and touched his chin.. And mocked like Linda.. "My darling.." He was quite affected by it.. So much that for a second he had really closed his eyes.. I snapped my fingers in the next moment and said "Let the battle begin baby.." I said laughing hard at his closing his eyes.. 'He is so off his guard today..' I thought.. 'And I wondered how I would face him...Silly me!'
Ned was embarrased at my catching him.. He was standing running his fingers through his hairs, smiling stupidly, like that kindergarten kid that had been caught eating chocolates in the middle of the class.. 'He is worse than me, I thought I was the only one who got embarrased stupidly..'
"what ??" I said, still unable to control my laughter..
Finally he took his fingers off his hair..."I'll bring another chair Ann.. And you switch on the thing.. I hope you know how to do that.."
"Yeah, trust me" I said.. as he made his way out... As I was switching it on.. I was thinking in the back of my mind.. 'Boy,O Boy! He is way too cute..' And then I instructed my mind 'Shut up, Ann..'
Finally The gaming spree had begun.. Much that I hated to admit, he was apt at it.. And half way through I had known very well that I had no trace of victory.. He was too lost in it, thta he wouldn't lose..
And strange enough, I was getting tired of gaming for the first time in my life.. I wanted to speak.. I don't know what I wanted to speak, but I did want to speak...
"You are going to lose.." He said, for the first time during the game..
"I accept.. can we call it off??" I said throwing that joystick on the ground.. He immediately agreed and for once, thankfully did not tease me of the losing thing... "You are quite a gamer yourself, much more than I expected you to be... Impressive.."
"But you were way too good.." I said, and then I started browsing his aero books and stuffs..
He was leaning on the book-shelf and standing.. Rather staring at me as I was nervously flipping the books..
Finally he came to me and took away the book... "Well, Ann.. Much that I hate to say it this frankly.. But I like the way you apologize..." He said interlocking his fingers in mine.. And smiling..
I didn't feel like taking them away.. I was comfortable to an extent.. But my fingers had turned pale white and cold..
I spoke in a low-tone.. "I didn't expect you to forgive me easily.." I said bending my head down, as I thought this was going to be very difficult..
Ned motioned me to be quiet and said.."you know what, Don't ever let your tear run down this cheek once again in this life-time.."
I had let a tear run down my cheek.. This was all too much to ask for.. "I don't know if I'm worth of your.. "I paused, thinking what to say.." Friendship.." I was too scared to use the four letter word, which had obviously made a big way between us..
Ned laughed.."That is okay.. I still know I'm the freaking Genius.. And by the way your highness.. You lost the game.. la la la.." He had put out his tongue and was making faces at me..
"But I got you..." I said in a split of a second and then almost wished I hadn't been so obvious..
Ned put his hands in his pockets "Yeah, You got me.. I lost a bigger game with you... "
We both had been busy in simulation creating models.. Of future hand-machines.. Like the transformer stuff.. And both of us had been equally adept.. He was asking me my opinion.. And he was making sure I got to do as much as he did...
The only thing that was running in my mind.. 'How am I ever going to stay away from him, From now..?'
Care Is Like That Cotton Candy You Have Always Dreamed Of Eating..
The More You Open Your Mouth To Chew It With Force,
The More Easily It Can Be Gulped Down !







5 comments:
Nice One.. :)Especially, the mocking fights U were mentioning!!
And Ned's last dialogue :P Imitates Tamil Film Heroes' thingie!! :P :P
u stop comparing it to the Indian background.. Much that I try to avoid it.. It does make its way!
nice one...enjoying a day with your love..ermm friend I mean !! :P
Take Care.
P.S: You haven't visited my blog even once :(
lol... its not my friend.. act m nt visiting any blog.. ll do it in a while..
n neither love.. its fantasy :)
Post a Comment