It Takes A Second To Convince The One You Like
That You Are Sorry..
Just A Glance Is Worth A Million Words..
Even before I headed to the exit door of Sarah's I could hear the roar of his bike.. He was long gone...
I looked at myself.. A track and sleeveless dint seem like a good thing to wear to his home.. Considering that it was the first time I was going to go in there..
I just banged her door.. In frustration.. 'Why, Why does it happen to me.. To hell with me and my views...' I thought as I was coming back to her home..
Sarah was desperately anxious .. She seemed as if, If I didn't speak a word, she would cry bitterly...
"It's all right.." I said as I sighed and started.. "Me and my big mouth.. So much for knowing the limits with a guy.. Sigh.."
Amidst all my confusions in a choking voice.. Sarah said.. "He likes you Ann, It was his idea to throw a party.."
I felt really bad.. "And I like an idiot, spoiled everything..."
Sarah felt guilty.. She was clinging Richard's hand so hardly that I for a moment thought it was going to break..
I went on and placed a small kiss on her forehead, It was completely not like me.. I never liked kisses.. They gave me an impression that the probability of their teeth being brushed is same as that of the vice versa.. Yuck! I always thought..Some how I thought though that was the only thing that could relieve the stress lines on her forehead..
"Its okay.. Now will you do me a small help... "
Sarah lit up immediately.. "Anything for you sweetheart..?"
I went inside took a towel and threw it on her face.. "Go, Take a bath and get ready to go to Nickerson's place.. Its high time I apologize.."
In A few Minutes, we were all packed to go to Ned's place.. I hadn't been there ever before and I had no idea how the place was going to be.. Neither about the people in there..
'How am I going to explain to him, in the whole world..' I thought.. as we were travelling..
And finally, we had reached.. Sarah went over and rung the door bell..
A cheerful lady, opened the door..
She planted a kiss on Sarah's cheek.. "Hello, my darling how are you doing? And lemme see.." She said eyeing at Richard.. "someone is looking too good to be true.. "
Richard laughed.. "Oh, look who is speaking about that.." He winked..
And finally she looked down at me.. "I am sorry, My memory failed me this time.. Else how could I forget someone like you.."
I gave it a thought.. "err.. This is the first time we are meeting.. So no faults in your memory.." I said.. "Anny Drew.. " I said extending my hand for a shake.. By the time Sarah and Richard had left in..
"So you are the Drew girl I keep hearing about..??" She asked me smiling..
"Yeah, I believe so.. I was in town and I was passing by and thought I could drop in for a while.."
She placed her hand on my shoulders and led me in .. "please make yourself comfortable.."
As I went in, I knew that I liked the home.. A small and nice place... With A few little paintings and crafts,, probably contributed by the female inmates of the home.. And a few smiling snaps.. Probably on account of memories..
And a glass dining table, on which all three of them had already settled down...
Just one look at him in there, I turned pale..
Thankfully Mrs.Nickerson had left to get us some food..
I sat next to him.. My gaze totally down.. I was so ashamed thinking what I had already spoken... The whole atmosphere had become totally uncomfortable, nobody knew what to speak..
"Ned, I..." I begun..
He looked at me, rather stared.. "What?"
'ok baby, Things aren't going to go well today....'I thought..
Mrs.Nickerson had come to save me.. "Ned, why don't you show her your room??" She suggested.. He didn't call me.. He had left.. Obviously wanting me to follow...
His room was even better.. So light And open.. With a variety of books and few random attitude quote posters..
Somehow, I knew I had to speak..
"Your room looks good.." I said.. Staring at his childhood picture...
"Mom says that too.. "He said and sat on the bed..
I was standing straight opposite to him.. Ned sat on his bed and Mockingly said, "You see there, That is the chair.. You can pull it and sit.. I know, you don't feel comfortable sitting next to me.." I wanted to cry.. It was hurting me... Hurting me a lot..
I was lost in my thoughts.. He stood up and pulled on the chair.. "I hope you don't mind that I touched that chair.. Is that a problem too, Your highness..??"
I had had enough of this.. He was bent on making me feel guilty that day.. I wheeled around took his hand and interlinked my fingers in them...
Almost, I regretted that moment.. That my tear fell on his hand...
"I swear, I didn't mean anything that way.. You don't know how much I need affection right now.." I said and I choked...
I brushed my tear.. And spoke out whatever I felt..
"To be left down, in a city where you know nothing or no one down the street, with none expecting back at home.. Dazzled in a maze, wondering which way to go, is what you can describe it in short..
And you, You are the only one to whom, I'm saying the truth.. Even in my wildest nightmares I couldn't dream of hurting you.. I wasn't sure what I meant to you.. That was My mistake.. Ignorance was the reason such a thing happened..." I tightened my clasp on his hand, looked into his eyes and said "Just trust me..."
I looked down.. I wasn't able to control and suppress all those depressions which I had hid from everyone, since I was five years old.. when I realized what I meant to a few...
Ned looked at me and held my face..
Ned looked at me and held my face..
"No matter what happens from now on, I'll be always there for you.. In which ever way you want me to..." He said..
I knew something very well...
He had no idea how much his words meant to me right then and how badly I wanted to call him mine that moment..
'I'm falling for him, Falling very badly.." I realised as we were leaving his room...
An anxious Sarah and her guy were sitting across the table.. Along with the lady who saved my day..
She begun "Ned, you better have your breakfast.. You haven't eaten a morsel of food every since dawn.."
To be frank, even I hadn't.. The guilt had choked me so much that food just couldn't be swallowed..
Sensing that we had come together back.. Sarah decided that it was better I had sometime alone.. So she sped of with her guy on a long drive, bidding our host a big good-bye..
"Oh, by the way Mrs.Nickerson, even this girl hasn't eaten since morn.. You promise you will take care of her for me.. ??"
She smiled.. And took me in her embrace and said.. "I promise you..."
Little did she know that the other hand was safe with her own blood, her own son...
It Takes A Second To Convince The One You Like
That You Are Sorry..
Just A Glance Is Worth A Million Words..







3 comments:
I loved the whole Episode.. The best of all the 13.. :)
and especially the last Line..
//the other hand was safe with her own blood, her own son...//
I wonder, when did Ann started feeling Indian traditional way??!! ;)
Cute!! :) <3
Its beautiful :)
whoa quite a revelation he likes her...liking it :)
Take Care
Post a Comment