A Simple Love Story-Part 8 HomeAlone And HomeAway..

They Say Destiny.. They Say Its Meant To Be...
But Sometimes..
It Just happens...!
And So.. After The First Day Of My College I Headed Back To The Hostel.. I Opened The Room And For A Second I Thought Sarah Had Come Back In There...
Yeah Sarah Reynolds... Anny Drew's Best Friend...
But It wasn't Her...
It was A Bunch Of People Whom I Failed To Recognise At Plain Sight...
My Roomate Emily Ashes Classmates..

"Hi Anny..." Emily Pouted as she came out from The Gang Giving Me A Big Smile..."How Was The First Day Girl?"
"Yeah Fine... U Guys Gonna Party Or What??"
"Oh... Nothing Like Dat Girl.. We Are Kind Of Trying To Know each Other.. Why Don't You Join Us?"
One Look At The Crowd I knew I would Never Be One Among Them.. Everyone Was Dressed Up Perfectly... No One Was Tomboyish Like Me.. Their Jean Exactly Ended Up Near The Knee.. Showing Off Their Perfect Features... And I Knew Even If Had Searched My Whole Wardrobe.. I Still Would Be Out Of Crowd...
"Err... No.. I Have A Few Phone Calls To Do... My Mom Would Be Getting Worried..."
"Ok.. carry On Girl"
'I Should Have Said A Better Lie' I Thought As I Left The Room... 'I Should Ve Said something else'
I Dint know where To Head... I hadn't went For A Hostel tour.. So I thought I Should Do That...
But Everywhere Where I Saw I Saw People Chatting With Some one Or The Other..
The First Brush Of Loneliness...
I Decided To Call Sarah....

After A Few Rings She Picked Up My Call...
"Hi Ann..."
"Hello Sar.. How Are You Doing?"
I could hear the honking of horns and sounds of traffic... To Me It seemed like A dream.. Because I Had Always Been In A Busy Scenario And suddenly The Whiff of The Wind And The Rustle Of The Leaves Was What I Could All Hear..
"I'm Fine Drew... Got A Lot of Friends? How Did Your First Day Go?"
Then I Went On Saying About How My Classes Went on and Said About Jeff Jordan...
"Whoa... So Jeff Jordan eh?? Is He Hot.. ?? Is he Intelligent??" She went on asking soo much about someone whom I din't Know...
"Hold It.. You Aren't Taking This Anywhere.. The Guy Isn't Worth A Penny... And As Usual Guys Are Good As Buddies... Its Better To hi-5 Them Than Ask For Love..."
"yeah Yeah... Blah Blah.. You Keep saying This... The-Guy-Isn't-Worth-A-Penny... I-Don't Respect-Him.. Blah Blah... And Hey You know What??"
Her Typical way of mocking me made me laugh... I brushed a tear and asked"What?"
" I think I Should Make Of List Of These Guys..."
"Oh, And Why Do You Think So??"
"Well.. Lately Ive Noticed That The Guys You Brushed Aside Are The Ones That You Ask Sorry To Talk Late Nights.. Laugh With And All.."
I Didnot even let her complete... "Look.. Ms.Reynolds.. I'm Not Talking To Any Guy All Right...?"
"Ms.Drew Think Before You Speak.." And She Maintained Such A Pause I Actually Thought If She Was Present In Front Of Me She Would Have That Twinkle In Her Eyes..
Then Suddenly It Stuck My Mind..
"Oh Ned... You Meant Him, Din't You??"
"yeah... Ned Nickerson.. He Was Saying About All this... And To hell With You Ann.. Why Didn't You Tell Me??"
"Well.. I Don't Know.. I Didn't Think It Was Important.." I Broke Off In the Middle Of Statement .. Wondering Why I Didn't Tell Her...
"Not Important Enough??? Or You Wanted Privacy??"
"I Don't Know.. I Just Don't..."
Sarah reynolds Drew A Deep Breath..
"I Can't Believe Its You, Who Doesn't Have An Explanation For What I Am Asking..."
"Well..." I Was Muttering To Myself..
A Deep Horn came Up.. And Hence She Left That Topic There..
"And Hey Ann.. I Forgot To Tell You... There Is A Party This Week.. At My Place And You Are Coming.."
I was Giving it A Thought For A Second..
"Well... Sar I Would Love To, but You Know Rather Than staying Back At home, I would prefer Staying Alone.."
She was Going To Be Angry..
"Well.. Okay.." And She Started Laughing...
I Was surprised .. "What Is So Funny??"
"Well... Ned Is Coming This Week... You Pretty Sure You Don't Want To Come?"
I Wanted to... Yay!!
"Ms.Sarah Reynolds... I Owe You One... Thank You, I'm Coming..."
Sarah just laughed and we went on speaking about all the usual days and routines...
"You know Sar .. I Never thought I Would Be Excited In Meeting Him.. But This is the First Time I'm Going To Meet Him After He spoke To Me.. I Somehow get A Thought That It Is Going To be Different ..."
"ooo.. Different uh.. Lets See.. Ned Has A Charm Of His Own Ann.. you Cannot deny it Right?"
She was Bent on pulling my leg with him.. because for her 'my guy' always meant him... Ned...
I Shook Myself From All The Thoughts As She Asked Me "Dreaming uh??"
I Was Ashamed To Admit it..
"No.. Of Course Not... He Maybe Charming... But It Won't Work On Me.. He Is My Friend"
"Say It To Some Kid With A Candy Dear... I Don't Buy It... "
She Wouldn't Leave And She Was Right.. So There Was No Way I Could Convince Her...
"So How Is Richard?"
This was My safest Bet... When You Want To Save Your Guy Then Pull Hers In..
She went on saying about his college and her life... And I Was Sub-conciously Thinking..
'Hold On A Minute Ann... Your Guy??!!'
And Then Ned's Call Was In Waiting.. I bid adieu to Sar... And Picked His call..

"Hi Baby.."
I Was trying To Convince Myself.. 'It's Him... He can Say.. But Who is He'
Questions were wavering in my head...
"hello.. Are You Listening To Me..??"
Suddenly I realized That I Hadn't Replied Him..
"ya... Ya Sorry... I'm Here.. Hii.. How Was Your Day?"
He Drew A Deep Breath..
"I Won't Lie... Annoying.."
I Was Taken aback.. The Once Cheerfulness of the Hunk Ned Nickerson Seemed To Be Gone.. His Optimism Seemed To Be Exhausted...
"Why What Happened??"
He Went On Pouring About His Day I Didn't Know How To Say Him That Things Are Going To Be Okay.. Because He Knew That Too.. But Maybe He Needed A Shoulder To Cry Upon..
I Listened Patiently.. And Then He Said..
"Did Sar Call You.. ??"
"Oh Yeah She Did.."
"And She Musve Invited You Too.."
"Obviously I'm Her Friend.."
I Was Grinning.. This Was Funny!!!
"So I'm Going To See You In There.. Right??"
I Was In A Naughty Mood..
"Hold On A Second.. I Said I was Invited Not That I'm Coming.. So I don't Know.."
Ned Was silent..
I Went On ..
"So You Want To Meet Me In There, eh??"
Some How I Felt Ned Was Suppressing A Laughter As He Spoke..
"You Know Something Ann... Way Back In High School You Were jealous Of Me Only Because You Thought I was more close to Sar Than You..."
A smile crossed my face remembering of the good old days...
"ya, Now That You say This It Is True..."
"Well, I Never Thought It Was True Until today..."
I was puzzled.. I Was Asking something and he was talking about something else...
"Why.. What Happened ??"
Ned Burst Out Laughing And It Was Annoying Me..
"All Right If Your Laughing Spree Is Over.. Do I Get To Know What The Joke Is??"
In between The Laughters He Managed To Say... "She..."(Laughs) "She told Me That You Were Coming.."(laughs Out loud) "that's Why I called.."
Again I Swear If I Had Known rabbit Holes.. I Would've Dug Myself Out..
I Was Tingling In Embarrasment .. I Was Caught Badly.. Very Badly...
Then Ned Cleared His Throat And Said..
"Still If You Want To hear It In My Own Voice.. Here It Goes...
Miss.Anny Drew..??"
I Just Replied With A Faint Yes..
"Mr.Ned Nickerson Would Be Highly Delighted To Have Your Esteemed Presence In The Party.."
I bit My Lip.. This Was All Too Much Than I Ever Wanted...
"Mademoiselle.."
"yes?"
"Will You Do Me The Honours Lady?"
I Smiled and said...
"The Pleasure Is All Mine Monsieur..."
At That point with a silent good bye.. The phone Clicked..
I had A Single Thought In My Mind..
"What Is Happening..."

They Say Destiny.. They Say Its Meant To Be...
But Sometimes..
It Just happens...!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Aravind Kumar said...

Nice !!

sti said...

thank you :)

Post a Comment